Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Is it weird...

...or is it just me?????

Prior to our adventure here in Poland I worked fulltime, had two babies, watched them grow up, managed to stay out of trouble, took on too many projects, weeded the gardens (about two weeks too late), watched home improvement shows only to add to the "too many projects" theme...get the picture? I was a bit busy. Now that I have time on my hands and the luster of cardmaking, knitting, scrapbooking and cross-stitching have worn out I'm starting to see the world around me more clearly but have found myself scratching my head at times. So.......


Is it weird...

...that the man behind us has to clean his patio windows in nothing but his skivvies?
...that someone in the apartment behind us lets their cat wander on the rooftop for exercise?
...that they actually have a ladder to get said cat safely in and out of the window?
...that there is no mail drop inside (or outside) the main post office?
...that postal workers can't figure out what to do with stamped mail when all you want to do is mail a letter?
...that I actually like when my dog poops in a public place so I can demonstrate I actually know how to clean up after him?
...that going to the doctor with a simple cold will excuse you from work for a week?
...that picking up mail requires a passport?
...that mail from Iowa is opened and inspected but all other mail has arrived with no problem?
...that there are four wedding gown stores and one tuxedo store in a 1/2 block strip mall? (Along with a flooring store, scooter and scuba store).
...that the only thing without graffiti around here is this:



...that drinking in public parks is prohibited but this is tolerated:


...that I take pictures like this


...that Americans remain off the metric system, fahrenheit instead of celisus and miles instead of kilometers but expect the rest of the world to cater to them? Try explaining 32 degrees is brisky in Minnesota but flat out hot in Poland.


...that regardless of how old your kids are you will always worry about them?


...that without labels I wouldn't know if these were taken in Prague or Kraków?





In case you are wondering the top is Kraków and the other Prague.



And last but not least...is it weird that I am dying to know how many people are actually still reading my blog? Make my day...post a comment (it takes less than five minutes - click on "comments" below, type your message and press save). No need to say much - a simple "hello" would suffice. I've also added a "reaction" line. Just a click and go! Saves time for you but satisifies my aching need to know...is that weird?

5 comments:

American in Poland said...

see not that hard......

Sister Julie said...

Love it...thank you! And when/why did you attempt to jump rope in public????

Anonymous said...

Of course I read your blog honey !

Shelley said...

I check up on you guys over there in Poland! I also blog and sometimes wonder the same thing, is anyone other than my mom and grandma and a couple friends even bothering to check this? I love looking at all your photos :)

Anonymous said...

We enjoy your blog and read it regularly...reminds us of our days in puzzled by the same experienced. G&K