Thursday, July 9, 2009

Out and About

In an earlier post I alluded to the massive quantity of fountain pictures we've taken in our nearly two years here. In honor of this great feat I have opted to post yet another picture (or two) of our beloved fountain.





















Yesterday was one of those days I find it hard to blog about because it was just a basic, pretty boring kind of day. I start each day catching up on e-mails (not as many as I used to get...hint), reading the local papers on the internet (Trib and Pioneer Press - maybe CNN if the spirit moves me), of course catching up on the Hollywood gossip - or in recent days, "who is the father of Michael Jackson's children" and "how many doctors were prescribing out of the ordinary medicine to the King of Pop". I'm also involved with the International Friends of Wrocław ex-pat group (ok, I'm vice president but who cares) and appear to be editor-in-chief of the monthly newsletter because I seem to write and publish it every month (does that make it an honorary title)? Here is the logo I recently designed for the international group.


Yesterday was the weekly coffee morning for the IFW so I meandered into town to catch up with friends and otherwise tear me away from re-runs on one of the few English language channels we have. My personal favorite is FOXlife which is currently running re-runs of re-runs which still, somehow, manage to captivate me.

Basia and my new friend from Holland, Audrey, did a little retail therapy after the coffee meeting. Not surprisingly I was able to find some great deals and am excited to show them off on our upcoming trips - hoping Craig will find forgiveness for the totally unjustified (but emotionally rewarding purchases) when he sees how awesome they are!
For just the second time in nearly two years Craig and I got caught in the rain on our evening walk into town. Outside of Craig driving to work and us going to the market we walk everywhere so it is amazing we have avoided rain as much as we do. Last night was an exception - and boy was it an exception!! We made a break from awning to awning until we finally arrived home not nearly as wet as we could have been. I obliged the dog with a warm bath (he didn't appreciate it as much as he should have) just to rid him of the mud on his little paws and to stop the excessive shivering.
Since today is another day much the same as yesterday (without IFW and shopping) I thought I would share some pictures taken on walks around town. Enjoy!!!
This is the clock on the Ratusz (town hall) on the Rynek.

This was taken in the Botanical Gardens on the Tumski.

This is in the Flower Market on Sol Plac.

This is outside Wrocław - about 30 km away.

This is outside Hala Targowa (farmer's market)

This is a window on St. Michael's with photoshopping by yours truly.
This was taken from our front balcony just to prove we don't just take pictures of the Tumski.
Chess game at the Spiz on the Rynek.


Make it a good one and see you all soon!

No comments: