Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Free Style

Friday's fountain fix (how is that for alliteration)?
The weekend is upon us and we will be jetting off to Dublin. We were shocked at the cost of lodging in Dublin so we are cutting our stay shorter than originally planned. We will arrive early Saturday evening and return Tuesday. Since Ticketmaster was not able to get our concert tickets to us in time (purchased in January for crying out loud) we have to pick them up on Sunday before the concert. We purchased general admission, floor tickets which means the sooner we get to the venue the better our vantage point. Forgot to mention, we will be standing for the concert. Not a cost saving tactic, that is how Springsteen likes to do it - allows the common man an opportunity for an up front and personal experience at a reasonable price (I say that kind of chokingly)!! We were hoping Michael would be visiting during this time so we have an extra ticket if anyone can jet over quickly enough!
I have not had a rambling blog for awhile so thought I would do a Friday Free Style...brace yourself!!!
- I drove Craig to work today, took only one wrong turn, got my bearings, retraced my steps and only lost about five minutes. Not too shabby. For someone who can actually read detour signs I could have readily avoided this by paying attention. Must have been engrossed in the Polish radio station I can't understand.
- The market was only out of onions this week; unfortunately, I really needed them.
- I react very differently to Polish mosquito bites. I've had about 20 of them to observe since the barbeque. I'm past the itch stage, moved through the swollen and red stage and now am in the flat but bluish-red stage which means my skin will be back to normal in about another week!!!
- How come the gypsies panhandling in the Rynek drive me insane, but an experience in the Rynek without them bugging me leaves me empty-feeling?
- The river is down a few feet but not low enough to bring the carp-anglers back.
- Have lived here two years without an Indian restaurant and now there are two!
- Speaking of restaurants...there are four sushi restaurants within a several block radius. I hope the lack of carp hasn't impacted their business.
- Other than having my feet photographed the last week has been pretty normal by Cindy standards.
I talk often about the Rynek so I thought I would leave you with some "people" pictures I've taken around the Rynek in the past few months. Hope you get a feel for what we will greatly miss!

This man gets amazingly close to his "privates" carving with sharp tools.

Sunday on the Rynek means two things: Dressing up and ice cream!

I think this is part of a stag party - we can only hope!

Street artist looks like he is not happy with Mexican food!

I didn't think they let badgers out of Wisconsin!

This guy hangs out all over. Has two dogs that have become "sniff" friends with Oliver.
Polish first date....smalec and beer at the Spiz!

And finally...another picture from our front balcony! Try to find a rainbow to chase this weekend!

No comments: