Friday, September 11, 2009

What's Up Next?

For the young man to the right what's up is a towel and a scolding from his mother!! But for us the "what's next" is a little more complicated and involves sorting and packing, meetings with tax authorities, getting the dog's pet passport updated so he can fly with us, clearing customs and then unpacking on the flipside! It will be an interesting few weeks that's for sure.

We do have a firm date for our return trip. We will be leaving Monday, October 5 with stops in Munich and Chicago before landing on home soil. We have to be out of our apartment September 30 so we will be living in a local hotel for a few days. Always interesting with a dog!


Leaving home was almost easier than leaving Poland. Of course we left behind family, but in our hearts we know our families will always be there for us. We've been blessed having met so many wonderful new friends from many countries and we hope the challenges of distance and time differences can be overcome and our friendships will flourish over the coming years. Thank goodness for Skype and Facebook!! We have tentative plans to return to Wrocław in 2012 for the Euro Cup which is being hosted here. Maybe Poland will have more than two highways built by then to handle the influx of people!! Until then we have wonderful memories to tide us over - along with 1000's of photographs that will someday be sorted, photoshopped and displayed somewhere!


I have decided to continue blogging when I return home. I've had a chance to reread some of my earlier entries and now realize how glad I am I took the time to document my adventures here. I follow several bloggers and what makes their blogs stand out to me is the use of photographs. I hope to continue seeing the world through the lens of a camera and sharing them in a blog format. Obviously, the blog can no longer be called "American in Poland" so I am considering "American no longer in Poland" or "Middle-aged American no longer in Poland seeks employment" or how about "American no longer in Poland misses vodka"! Your suggestions are welcome!


For the past 20 minutes I've been waiting for the blog site to upload pictures. After living in Poland - and standing in the requisite lines forever - you would think I could practice more patience. Not happening!!! Check back later and I will post some awesome pictures I've taken recently (at least I find them mildly cool)!

Be happy, smile often and laugh only when it is politically correct!

No comments: